I have applied for the PIO for my son, Samuel Paul Bezalel Gorremuchu on **th Aug *****. Subsequent to this, there is a clarification/additional info letter that was sent to me. I have sent back the required documents on Oct 8th that were received by dept on Oct 11th (throught DTDC courier: ******).
I haven't received the PIO card so far. I would like to know the following reasons:
1. What is the current status of PIO application of my son (Samuel Paul Bezalel Gorremuchu )?
2. What is the process to issue a PIO Card?
3. What is the time-limit to respond to a PIO Card application? If there are multiple stages/steps within this process, what are the time-limits for these intermediate steps/stages?
4. Who were the personnel who were supposed to act on the application referred to in #1? Provide the following details about them (a)Name, Designation. (b)Contact details(phone, fax, email address). (c)Action that was supposed to be taken by this person on the application.(d)The time within which this person was supposed to act on this. (e)Whether this person complete his/her work as per the process on time or not. (f)What action can be taken against this person if he has not done his duty as per the process & timelines defined?
5. Provide the following details for the payment received through ICICI Demand Draft number*******, dated 19th Aug 2010:Has the demand draft payment been received & accounted for in your/any other public authority office? If yes, under what head is this amount accounted for? What service has been provided against this payment?If no, who has possession of this Demand Draft? Why has no action been taken or this DD returned till date? 6. How many applications for People Of Indian Origin (PIO) card have been filed since March 2009, let us know the status of each of these.
6. What efforts have been done by your offices to provide as much information suo motu to the public at regular intervals through various means of communications, including internet, so that the public have minimum resort to the use of this Act to obtain information (Refer RTI act 2005 – Chapter 2, Section 4(2)). Please provide specific examples for the same.