Regarding: Old IT refunds pending for past more than 4 yrs.
My pan no. is AG****8E. I had submitted my application under RTI dt. 13.4.2010 to ITO Ward 22(2)(1), Room No. 419, 4th Floor, Tower No. 6, Vashi Railway Station Complex, Vashi, Navi Mumbaii. I thereafter got a letter from the ITO dt.18.6.2010 bearing No. ITO-22(2)(1)/rti/2010-11 asking for my bank account details, which I provided vide my letter dated 28.6.2010. Since then there is no response from the ITO. I don't know what to do now. I request you to intervene and get my refunds for AY-2006-07 and AY-2007-08 of Rs. 1074 and Rs.2604 respectively granted to me at the earliest. My bank account details are as under:
Bank of Maharashtra, Fort Main Branch
SB account No. 200*****7
I hope you will intervene and will sort out this old pending matter. I am a poor man and these amounts are about 30% of my present salary and there are substantial amounts for me.
Pan Number: AG******8E
Financial Year: AY-2006-2007, 2007-2008
Income Tax Return filed on Date: 13.4.2010
IT Return Filed City/Office - Mumbai (Regional Office)
IT Ward No.- 22(2)(1),
Tax Refund Amount: ____ /-
Particulars of information required : as per list mentioned below List of information requested
1) Refund status of all filed returns as mentioned above.
2) Reasons for not processing the required refunds as yet
3) What is the timeframe stipulated by rules under which the refunds need to be processed
4) How much more time is required for these to be processed? When can I expect the refund now?
5) Computations done by your department for my returns for all the above assessment years
6) Please indicate the daily progress made on my application/return/petition/grievance so far. i.e. when did my application/return/petition/grievance reach which officer, for how long did it stay with that officer and what did he/she do during that period?
7) Who is the concerned officer with whom my IT refund has been lying pending since so many days?
8) What action will be taken against the officer responsible for the delay? By when would that action be taken?
9) If the refund was sent by post, please provide the proof of sending the refund check along with date of sending.