Kanke Road is one of the primary roads of Ranchi city connecting the city with its industrial hub Patratu and it also hosts bunglows of VVIPS like Chief Minister, Governor, Chief Justice and many important offices like CPMDI, IICM etc. The road has been in a terrible state thanks to the ongoing widening work since last 2 years.
Please let me know the following information:
1. What was the time schedule of the contract? Was there any time based penalty for not finishing the contract on time attached to it?
2. What were the terms of the contract awarded to the company undergoing the widening regarding the road repair during the widening work, who will maintain and repair the road?
3. The contractor has dug the road in front of the houses of the people and have not done any repair work for the damages done, is there any clause in the contract that the contractor will dig the road and make it motorable until the new road is laid? If yes, why hasnt it been followed?
4. What are the terms for the electric poles being erected on the road, new or second hand?
5. Why are the electric poles being erected all in a bad shape and rusted?