Regarding: Data on tigers collected by the Wildlife Institute of India
Being a premier institute of the Government of India, I learnt from your website that your institute takes up several research programmes for monitoring tigers in the country. Although I saw a report prepared based on the research, I could not obtain further details on projects as well as the data on tigers. I request the following information about tigers and tiger monitoring done by your institute through RTI:
Particulars of information required : As per list mentioned below
1) Please provide list of tiger-related projects taken up by WII from 2005 onwards.
2) Please provide copies of the project proposal for each of these projects with details of the budget allocated and expenditure made.
3) Does WII follow any quality control before approving any research projects? If yes, provide detailed account of how research quality is monitored?
4) How is research proposals reviewed for technical and scientific merit at WII? Provide details (file noting, review documents etc.) for the most recent research proposal that has been approved.
5) Please provide soft-copies of all data collected (raw or cleaned) in each of these projects including camera-trap photographs, cleaned data in spread-sheets (Excel) and any other data available in soft-copies.